Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Windows Live Betas Wave 3

So the windows live products are getting updated, and some additions to the apps, so I'll be reviewing one per day for the next few days. At the end of it all, I'll create a review with summaries of all of the app reviews, as well as links to the full reviews.

Today's app is.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Windows Live Writer!

Yes, I thought I would start with the live app I use most often.

image

Image courtesy of the Via Windows Life blog. This is the old version. Here is the new one:

image

The first thing I noticed was the better color on the toolbar, the old one was very… inelegant. The next big change is the bar at the bottom.

image

This gives a nice way to tab between edit, preview, and source, which is very convenient. All of my old plugins still work as well. There is now a Recently posted section on the right, as well as a Drafts section.

It feels a bit faster, and seems to startup a bit faster.

Overall, this almost completes Windows Live Writer. The only thing I would like to see is a way to tab between open drafts.

No comments: