Friday, September 19, 2008

Live Photo Gallery

Now Live Photo Gallery is, after Live Writer, probably my most used Live app. The only advantage I had found in the early versions was panorama stitching(I take lots of panoramas). This feature and a bit more is present in the new version.

image

(Yes, that is XKCD in my photo viewer)

Just as Live Writer did away with a terrible color scheme, Live Photo Gallery does away with a similar-but-not-so-bad color scheme, and changes to the same one that Live Writer has. Not much else has changed except for it being a bit speedier. The buttons on the top have been altered a bit, but no new functions that I know of.

Update:

I read through the features list, and there are some important things that I didn't notice.

1. Facial Recognition - It now can recognize a human face, and if you tell it who is who in a few photos, it can start making suggestions which are not too accurate, but narrow down the list a bit.

2.There is now an option under "Extras" to create a photosynth, which will directly open up photosynth if the plugin is installed.

No comments: