Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Chrome needs

I've decided that the review of Chrome that I was going to write is just a composite of all of the Chrome posts I've been making, so I might someday make one big Chrome post, but for now its lots of little ones. This is a list of five things that Chrome really needs to be a better browser:

1. Bookmark management - This is virtually non-existent in Chrome, and needs to be fixed. There is not much more to write about this.

2. Saved sessions - When I close my browser, I want to be able to save a session. When my browser(or computer) crashes, I want my tabs restored. Chrome does this to a limited extent, allowing you to autostart with the last session, but that will do it every time without asking you. It needs to manage sessions in the same intelligent and useful way that firefox does.

3. A cross-client version that works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

4. Ask after install if you want data sent to google, tell the user that this will happen if they approve it, but that the data will not be used for anything bad.

5. Addons and Extensions like those for Firefox.

No comments: